What is the procedure to become a baever or a cub or a scout or an explorer?
We are an English speaking group and to ensure safety, children must have adequate English exposure(ie. attend English school or have an English-speaking parent).
All our sections are full until September 2013. New applicants will be placed on the waiting list.
Children are welcome to come and join us a couple of times to see if they would like to become join.
1. Fill in the Temporary contact form and sent it to Joyce by email. Subject to availability, you will be notified of the placement and asked to join the scout meetings.
2. When you take your child for the first meeting, please fill in the Subscribtion Form and submit it to Joyce. Submitting the subscrition form by the first regular meeting is improtant as this gives information about health and contact details of your child to the leaders.
3. After 3 meetings, your child can decide if he/ she wants to continue.
Full membership details, subscription costs and other useful information can be found in the Parents Guide to Hilversum International Scouts 2012.
What is the contribution worth?
- Exiting meetings!!
- Your necker and all badges you need for your ScoutFit(uniform).
- A snack and drink at every meeting.
- Trained Leaders, we are always looking for extra leaders!
- Material (and storage) for camp.
- A dutch scouting magazine 6 times a year. - Membership Scouting Nederland. - and many more!