Some Secondary Schools in Hilversum require student to perform a certain number of CAS (Creativity, Action, Service) hours each year. The following is the Hilversum International Scout Group policy on CAS Hours.
1) Activities which are a normal part of Scouting and the Scout programme should will not be considered as qualifying for CAS Hours.
2) Cubs and Scouts may employ helpers during meetings. Helpers may qualify for CAS Hours.
There is usually a waiting list for helpers. Students who wish to be added to the waiting list please contact Joyce van Wiggen.
– maximum number of helpers is two students.
– minimum age for helpers is 14 years old.
– maximum number of helpers is one student.
– minimum age for helpers is 17 years old.