You can get the uniforms and badges at the Scoutshop in Baarn. But what do you need to buy:
Uniform, Necker, Promise badge, Beaver badge, ‘t Gooi badge and if possible your own country badge. Uniform can be worn as soon as he / she wants. Necker etc. please hand over to the leaders so she can put it on after the investiture. T-shirt will be given to them by the leaders.
At scouts we attend our meetings in uniform. In case of any question, just ask one of the leaders!
Note: Scouting Nederland is in the process of changing all the badges so some of the badges shown may now be different…. so if you don’t recognise it, just ask us!
- Name Badge of our group – (always the same, you’ll get this when you get invested as a scout).
- Camp Badge – used as a souvenir of a special camp.
- Regional badge – it tells you’re from ‘Regio ‘t Gooi’.(always the same, you’ll get this when you get invested as a scout).
- Country badge – as we are an international group the ‘nationality’ of the scout can be represented with their national flag, available at the Scout Shop).
- Scout badge – this sign tells everyone you’re a Scout.(always the same, you’ll get this when you get invested as a scout).
- Patrol badge – this badge shows which Patrol you are assigned to.
- APL/PL stripes – Assistant Patrol Leader = one stripe and Patrol Leader = 2 stripes. If you become an APL/PL you’ll get this from us.
- Scouting Nederland sign – this is the national scouting badge.(always the same, you’ll get this when you get invested as a scout).
- Skill badge(s) – you can earn them by learning (scouting) skills. Tip: don’t spread them too widely, and start high, otherwise you might not have enough space later on ;).
- Event Badge – never the same, you get them only when you attend a special activity. (Might not be the same as shown, you don’t get it from us).