At scouts we attend our meetings in uniform. In case of any question, just ask one of the leaders!
Note: Scouting Nederland is in the process of changing all the badges so some of the badges shown may now be different…. so if you don’t recognise it, just ask us!
- Name Badge of our group – (always the same, you’ll get this when you get invested as a scout).
- Camp Badge – used as a souvenir of a special camp.
- Regional badge – it tells you’re from ‘Regio ‘t Gooi’.(always the same, you’ll get this when you get invested as a scout).
- Country badge – as we are an international group the ‘nationality’ of the scout can be represented with their national flag, available at the Scout Shop).
- Scout badge – this sign tells everyone you’re a Scout.(always the same, you’ll get this when you get invested as a scout).
- Patrol badge – this badge shows which Patrol you are assigned to.
- APL/PL stripes – Assistant Patrol Leader = one stripe and Patrol Leader = 2 stripes. If you become an APL/PL you’ll get this from us.
- Scouting Nederland sign – this is the national scouting badge.(always the same, you’ll get this when you get invested as a scout).
- Skill badge(s) – you can earn them by learning (scouting) skills. Tip: don’t spread them too widely, and start high, otherwise you might not have enough space later on ;).
- Event Badge – never the same, you get them only when you attend a special activity. (Might not be the same as shown, you don’t get it from us).
On hot days we tend to wear our Scouting T-shirt, with the necker.
We can order these T-shirts, so just ask your leader.
We Need Volunteers
New members buy the Uniform (aka SoutFit), Scout badge, ‘t Gooi badge, necker and if possible country badge themselves.
The name badge of the group (Beavers, Cub Souts, Scouts or Explorers) and the Promise badge will be given to you after the investiture. T-shirts can be ordered via the leaders.